Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tobacco fields, mountain breeze, and sweet tea…I’m comin home.


Yes, that’s right.  I am coming home.  Not for good, but for a nice summer break from the heat.

My plane leaves Monday at 3:40am KSA (Sunday 8:40pm EST).  After a quick layover in London, I should arrive in North Carolina around 3pm EST on Monday.  My parents will be at the airport to pick me up and then we are going to eat some good ole NC bbq.  Mmmmm….I can taste it already. 

I am making you all aware of this, because I will probably stop blogging weekly while I am home.  I don’t think it would be so interesting- but hey, if something comes up that relates to the blog I will be sure to add an entry.

I spent all of last night packing up my stuff (one suitcase almost full of gifts).  It was a bittersweet feeling- exciting because I am coming home but somewhat sad because I feel that I am just now REALLY getting adjusted to life here and I am leaving, only to have to get re-adjusted when I return.  I am sure that feeling will go away once I get off the plane and see those familiar, loving faces.  I am really looking forward to spending the summer with the people that I care about the most and the activities that are non-existent in this region of the world.  All of these things I think I will appreciate so much more now that I have learned to live without them.

But….I think the desert will miss me. 

2 comments: